Landlord and Tenant
Rules about residential tenancies are very complicated and it is easy for landlords to get confused by them. We can deal with all the legal issues, including:
- Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreements and the surrounding notices in a readable modern form.
- Guiding you about rent deposits.
- Issuing notices ending the tenancy and making sure they are the right notices for the circumstances.
- Issuing the appropriate court proceedings for possession orders and arranging for you to be represented at the hearing.
- If the tenants fail to leave when the possession order bites, advising you about your rights and arranging for the County Court Bailiff to evict them.
Landlord and Tenant Legal Advice
NB: Under the Protection from Eviction Act 1977 it is a criminal offence to attempt to evict anybody from residential premises (including trespassers), except through the County Court Bailiff (not certificated bailiffs) enforcing a possession order from the court. The Court of Appeal has made it plain that anybody convicted of this offence will be sent to prison immediately. Whether you are a landlord or a tenant we can advise you on both residential and commercial matters. Our expertise includes the following: –
- Drawing up or advising on Tenancy Agreements
- Obtaining possession of premises both at the end of the tenancy and in the event of a breach of the tenancy agreement by the tenant. This includes serving the relevant notices on the tenant and, if necessary, issuing your claim at court.
- Security of tenure
For further information on Landlord and Tenant matters please contact our office on 02086464885, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.