Preuveneers LLP Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. Sometimes it is necessary to seek further information to understand the complaint. This is not intended to detract from the complaint but to ensure that the person reviewing your matter fully understands your concerns. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within 7 days of us receiving your complaint.
- We will record your compliant in our central register and open a separate file for your complaint. We will do this within a day of receiving your complaint.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps:
- We will pass your complaint to Kelly Cirillo, our Client Care partner, within three days.
- She will ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to your complaint within five days.
- She will then examine their reply and the information in your complaint file, and if necessary she may also speak to the fee earner. This will take up to three days from receiving their reply and the file.
- Kelly Cirillo will then formally respond to your complaint in writing. If your complaint is not resolved by this stage she will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and try to resolve your complaint. This meeting will need to be requested by you.
- Within three days of the meeting Kelly will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she has agreed with you.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you contact us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways:
- Another partner of the firm will review Kelly’s decision within ten days.
- We will let you know the result of the review within five days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. We will also give you the name and address of the Legal Ombudsman. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint.
- We will adapt our complaints procedure in line with our Equality Procedure if necessary.If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.